Friday, August 18, 2017

A week in Helsinki

DSC_0896

I spent the majority of my last week in Helsinki, where my days consisted of walking, shopping, more walking and reading.

DSC_0901
DSC_0904

I arrived at a good time with all the sales in full blast (and restocked no vital pieces such as a cute LBD from &other stories and really neat mom jeans from Zara. Oh, and a new pair of cream coloured Palladium boots!). 
I also visited the Ateneum museum where they held the Alvar Aalto exhibition. Aside from Aalto's funky chairs and lounge seats, his sketches and photos of his buildings were on display. And I was pleasantly surprised some pieces from Picasso, Toulouse-Lautrec, Léger and other modernists and dadaists were on dislpay. 

DSC_0905
DSC_0911
Me and my mom went on a cute coffee date to Fazer cafe to celebrate Friday. Seems like veganism is even bigger in Finland, as even Fazer cafe has readjusted their menu and I could easily find quite a few options there. Fun fact, since we're already speaking about coffee: I took my mom to Starbucks on Sunday and it was her first time hahaha it was so cute!
DSC_0924
DSC_0927
Friday was probably one of the most eventful days, as Kristiana and Enelin were also visiting Helsinki. Since we never managed to meet up while in Tallinn, we spontaneously set up a date and met up in Esplanade park, where we had a few drinks and talked for hours.


No comments

A Blog by Kriss. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.