Saturday, July 9, 2016

New Beginnings

Of course, I've mentioned my internship a few times on this blog - now that I've actually begun working, I'm able to tell a bit more. 


I'm interning at a German advertising agency and even though it's been just one week, I feel like this is exactly where I belong. I've had quite a few random jobs here and there, but never-ever in my entire life have I been more excited to go to work in the morning and more reluctant to leave the office in the evening (like on my third day - I left at 10pm cause I was afraid of the subway closing down). The pace is fast, there's a ton of tasks to take care of and I've learned so much during this one week - and it's crazy how much I still need to learn! And these challenges make me look forward to all these months ahead of me! 
I also love my colleagues - it's a mix of mostly Chinese and Germans, with some people from India, Japan, France, Morocco etc. And I love how I'm being included from day one into all kinds of activities, so it's not like the full-time employees treat interns as simple coffee-fetchers. Yesterday, among my other, more serious tasks, our Chief Creative Director (really cool woman!!) asked me to take polaroids of all the new employees in our office, 'cause she found out I'm into photography - that was a perfect way to kick off the weekend and have a fun tour around other departments of our agency (someone from the accounts department rarely makes it to the creative department haha).
Anyways, I'm a fan - so much that I volunteered to help out with an event at the agency today as well. IDEK if it's normal to be so excited about one's job, but I reckon this is a really good sign. 
Also - I love the area where I work. It's in CBD, the Central Business District, which has an amazing big city feel, it's clean, safe and has this cool mix of locals and professional expats. When I was younger, I'd always dream of working in an area like this (blame it on all the movies about yuppies working in New York I used to watch as a kid lol). I still can't believe it's me walking into this dope office building. Man, dreams do come true.
I'm so happy.
//
Ma olen üsna mitu korda oma praktikat maininud siin - nüüd, kus olen sellega päriselt alustanud, võin pisut rohkem rääkida. 
Olen ühes saksa reklaamiagentuuris Account Department'is praktikal ning olgugi, et möödus vaid esimene nädal, tean täpselt, et ma kuulun reklaami. Mul on eelnevalt olnud kogemusi vaid rändomite töödega siin ja seal, aga see on esimene kord mu terve elu jooksul, kus mul hommikul tööle minnes silmad säravad ja kus õhtul olen vabatahtlikult nõus ületunde tegema (kolmandal päeval lahkusin nt kell 22 ja sedagi vaid kartuse tõttu, et metroo pannakse ca siis kinni lol). Tempo on meeletu, tööd on palju ning selle nädala jooksul olen uskumatult palju õppinud - ning ma vaid aiman, kui palju õppimist mul veel ees seisab! Ja justnimelt kõik need väljakutsed tekitavad minus veel rohkem elevust!
Fännan oma kaastöötajaid samuti - peamiselt on see segu hiinlastest ja sakslastest, sekka inimesi Indiast, Jaapanist, Marokost, Prantsusmaalt jne. Ning minu jaoks on väga oluline, et mind on kõigesse kaasatus esimesest päevast alates, s.t. mind ei kohelda kui praktikanti-kohvikeetjat. Nt. eile, lisaks muudele ülesannetele, palus CCD (hästi äge sakslanna!!), et teeksin uutest töötajatest polaroide, kuna ta sai teada, et ma olen fotohuviline - see oli supermõnna viis nädalavahetusega algust teha ning tutvuda teiste osakondadega meie agentuuris (account'i osakonna rahvas naljalt creative'ite juurde just ei eksi haha).
Olen lausa nii suur fänn, et olen vabatahtlikuna nõus täna ühe agentuuris toimuva üritusega abistama minna oma vabal päeval. Ma ei tea, kas see on normaalne oma tööd niimoodi fännata, aga see on ikka väga hea märk haha.
Ja lisaboonuseks on äge piirkond, kus töötan. Nimelt CBD, ehk Central Business District, on Pekingi üks uusimaid piirkondi, seal on tõelise suurlinna fiiling, kõik on puhas ja turvaline ning seal liigub ringi äge segu kohalikest ja professional expat'idest. Väiksena vaatasin alati filme New York'is töötavatest pintsaklipslastest ja yuppie'dest, nii et eks sealt jäi sisse salasoov töötada kuskil sarnase vibe'iga piirkonnas. 
Uh, unistused täituvad, kui vaid nende nimel piisavalt rabeleda. Ma olen nii õnnelik. 









That's pretty much where I work 


Smoggy views








No comments

A Blog by Kriss. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.