Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Hills


I used to think Lasnamäe is a rather terrifying place - as I rarely made it to that area of Tallinn, it seemed like an endless district of same-looking buildings and wastelands. I was scared of getting lost with no point of return and of course, the talks about gang fights and junkies didn't add much light to the place. 
One day we just went there for a bit of exploring and ya know... it wasn't bad. Like at all. I kind of found the area we went to... even charming. All these pastel coloured balconies and majestic gardens underneath the windows were lovely. Sure, the derelict playgrounds and certain visible decay aren't helping in creating the image of your average friendly neighbourhood, but all of that gave me a strange warm feeling of nostalgia. It all reminded me of my childhood in Mustamäe (similar area in the other part of Tallinn, more renovated by now). Deja vu much.

Ласнамяэ

Ласнамяэ
Ласнамяэ
Ласнамяэ
Ласнамяэ
Ласнамяэ
Ласнамяэ

No comments

A Blog by Kriss. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.