Monday, September 3, 2018

Again - Shanghai!

DSC_0559v2

No-no, not a throwback - I'm back again to Shanghai as of Monday!
The city and the people just pull you back

DSC_0545v2

This time I'm here for work and it's also the first time I'm here where I actually feel like an adult, as I'm responsible for my own shit to be sorted. Which is definitely not a problem! Just very different from my previous experiences.
DSC_0598


I've moved to a lovely local lane house on Danshui road, which has a very authentic Shanghai vibe,  albeit being located at the center of Xintiandi - which I've previously written about here back in 2013! 
While the place needs quite a bit of fixing up, I'm still happy. It's cozy, I get to know the local life and people and for the first time in years abroad, I live right next to work! 
1.5 km or about 25 min by foot is a luxury in a city like Shanghai. For my first internship in Shanghai, I would have to commute for about an hour. And in Beijing, I would spend only 40 minutes alone on just taking one subway line, no transfers! Crazy!
Thankful to have made it where I am at now (which is not far still, but a step somewhere at least!)

DSC_0607
DSC_0612
DSC_0631
DSC_0636
DSC_0637

A Blog by Kriss. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.